Friday, May 7, 2010

Deep thoughts on the Wedding

Maybe it's the late hour, or maybe I'm just waxing philosophical, but I've been thinking a lot about my pending nuptials. Every day it seems I'm getting more excited, rambling my vows in the shower, imagining the sound of the pipe organs playing as I walk down the aisle, posing for pictures afterward and of course the reception.

I look forward to a day surrounded by my friends and family, a day that gives me no fear or the impending feeling of uncomfortable moments. I've always been obsessed with having everything done perfectly, getting the perfect flowers, the perfect colors, the perfect decorations... but now when I think about marrying Matt, all I can think is that nothing in the world matters except being with him. I'll wear a trash bag and beam the whole day, and it's surprising how very ok I am that the details don't have to be perfect.

So then I had to ask myself, why am I so ok with it? Have I matured? Am I that smitten with my groom? Or is it that every important puzzle piece has fallen into place and it has that wonderful feeling of "When it's right, it's right" permeating everything? My soon to be mother-in-law is fantastic, I really couldn't ask for a better lady. My future brother-in-law and I have enough in common to enjoy a day out, and my family just adores Matthew.

Every time I look at my engagement ring, a shiver of delight runs up my spine and I can almost see the results of our hard labor. My only sadness is that it will only be for one day. I hope that day lasts for a long, long time.  Every moment of the planning feels enjoyable, and every moment leading up to our big day feels like a dream. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment