Wednesday, March 21, 2012

guest blogggggggggggggggggggggg

HI. HOLA. I am Dino. A traveler and guest blogger from the far away land of Avoid Me. Avoid Me is a dark corner of the Internet where I rant and bash whatever I fancy. Perhaps I ate some gross food. You'll know. Don't go there. Nobody does. It isn't called "Flock To Me."

I've known Jewel for a handful of years. She's married to one of my high school buddies and if she can put up with him, she can put up with me. And she does. We read each others work and now that we are at a physical crossover we decided to cross blog as well.

So loyal Jewel Rae followers, I present my piece. Hopefully as introspective and wise as one of her's.

The Roller Coaster.

When you're a teenager you're changing. Everyone around you is constantly telling you "this is just a phase" or "I can't wait till you grow out of this." At the time it makes you mad to hear that, but somewhere in the back of your mind is a tiny voice whispering "I know." You know shits hitting the fan. It's supposed to. You figure by age 20 You'll be an adult and have life all figured out. Nobody prepares you for the 3rd decades roller coaster. Pardon the Kennywood references here but if being a teenager is riding the Jackrabbit: You're 20's are jumping on the Steel Phantom.

The kind of wisdom we really need is someone to tell us at age 20 to not make any quick, permanent decisions. You won't explode or implode as rapidly as a greasy faced teenager. The disturbances are much bigger though and far more lasting.

You'll finally have a chance to vote. You probably have missed the opportunity if the election cycle didn't hit on your birthday at 18 or 19. You'll become politically charged. Someone/thing will take your new "mature" mind and whip it into a frenzy! Be it picking up roadside trash or handing out G.O.P. flyers YOU have now become the person who does this. It's not that the older folks don't care, they're just past all this lunacy and know how to actually get things done.

....not convinced?

Drinking is now a legal part of your life. Drinking more often. Drinking much more casually. The bar life. Bar pressures. Having access to whatever booze you want pretty much when you want it. If you can't control this bucking bronco fast you'll end up in fights, become an alcoholic, or give yourself a D.U.I. Suddenly your record won't magically scrub clean at 18.

Besides those examples, I've lived through the thrill ride that is quickly becoming the end of my 20's. Married, divorced, wildly political and waxing-waning religion.

That's my most interesting twist to myself. I came into my 20's completely non-religious. Due to my finance' became quickly very charged and converted to Catholic and jumped in full immersion. I argued with anybody at anytime. Brought it with me to college, work, home and friend life. Really lived the whole lifestyle for 3 years or so. Divorce affects you in weird ways. One was a burning hatred for God. I went on a complete hate fueled lifestyle and said blasphemous things. Things I regret and pray I don't burn for.

To atone I quietly became a Reverend. I keep new, more rational beliefs to myself an think I'm finally molding into the permanent person I will be.

Make no mistake. I haven't said change altogether halts now. It's obvious people continue to take in new input and grow with it. However, they've learned not to work up so fast or permanently.

If you're reading this at a younger age maybe stop to pause and ask yourself if a Ninja Turtles face tattoo is "really who you are." Ask, "Am I ready to devote my life to defending the Heroes In a Half Shell or should I get this tattoo placed somewhere else." It's a goofy example. But you probably get it.


...Wait







...Never mind.




Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment